Test file for 2013 Annual Banquet Recognition
The United States Figure Skating (USFS), headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, is the national governing body for the sport of figure skating in the United States. The USFS testing program provides a means for assessing skaters' achievement and proficiency in the four disciplines of skating—freestyle, pairs, dance and synchronized skating.
The St. Paul Figure Skating Club holds regular test sessions to provide coaches and skaters with many opportunities to achieve their goals. View Testing Schedule
The St. Paul FSC has been producing US Figure Skating Gold Medalists since 1941 and is proud of our many Gold Medal Skaters! Since 1989, the Club has had a Gold Medalist every year! This is a rare accomplishment for any U.S. Figure Skating Club.
In order to pass the Gold Test, a skater must demonstrate to a panel of judges the ability to skate at least a four minute program displaying power, extension, precise footwork, and strong edge control. The program must be performed with style, rhythm, grace and sureness, in harmony with the music, and utilizing the full ice surface.
It takes years of dedication, training, and perseverance to achieve this goal. The Club's consistent focus on what it takes to accomplish this is represented by the high number of skaters who have passed the Gold Test over the years. Every skater who reaches this level of excellence does so with the support of others. St. Paul FSC coaches, parents, and club organizers play a very important role in creating an environment in which skaters are able to become US Figure Skating Gold Medalists.
Our Club schedules the following USFSA tests for both Singles and Pair Skaters:
- Moves in the Field (Pre-Preliminary through Senior)
- Freestyle (Pre-Preliminary through Senior)
- Adult Tests (Bronze, Silver, Gold)
- Coaches must notify Val Matzke, Test Session liaison, email@example.com of a skater's readiness to test at least 10 days prior to a scheduled test session
- Skaters' requests for permission to test outside the Club must be requested 10 days prior to the scheduled test session date
- Once the test schedule is posted, skaters will be charged for tests unless Carolyn is formally notified of the cancellation at least one day before the test
- On the day of the test, skaters are to:
- Arrive at the arena 45-60 minutes prior to the scheduled time
- Notify the test chairperson upon arrival and pay appropriate test fees prior to testing
- Be sure skates and skating attire are neat and clean
The St. Paul Figure Skating Club honors home club skaters for tests passed at our Annual Awards Banquet held each spring. Through proceeds from our annual Skate St. Paul Competition, the St. Paul FSC presents skaters with pins and medals from the United States Figure Skating Association. The medals and pins are for that specific year. Skaters are notified each year about the Awards Banquet and are encouraged to attend. If they are not able to attend, the test chairperson MUST be notified within 30 days of the notice if the skater wishes their medals and pins. After that time, these awards are not available from the club. The skater MUST be a member of St. Paul Figure Skating Club at the time of the Awards Banquet to receive their awards. Skaters who transfer from another club in the midst of achieving all test levels will receive their appropriate medals based on their status when they passed the tests. Skaters who achieved their Gold Test in all disciplines must have been an active member of SPFSC and purchasing contract ice for 2 years to receive their medals from SPFSC. If there are any specific questions regarding these policies and procedures, please direct them to the Test Chairperson Carolyn Marker firstname.lastname@example.org